In the last 24 hours developments have significantly accelerated, and yesterday evening our Prime Minister announced legislation that advised against all none essential travel and to “stay at home” were possible, it has been a very difficult decision, however after much consideration Mark and I have decided that as of the close of business today all Swift Dental Group sites will close until otherwise advised.
Your safety and the safety of your families is of paramount importance to us as a business; we will return to the laboratory as soon as it is safe to do so and will return stronger than before.
In anticipation for today’s closure there are several key information points that I would like to confirm:
- From tomorrow 25th March 2020 all employees will be on “furlough leave” and will receive 80% of their income during this time, to confirm your employment is secure and you do not need to take any action. You will be paid on the 6th of each month until further notice
- For any employees on SSP, once your sick period has ended you will automatically move on to “furlough leave”
- We have opened a staff communication site which will be used during this period to communicate and provide you with updates, this can be accessed via https://swiftdental.co.uk/employees, we advise all employees to check the site regularly, you will also receive regular text messages with updates.
- During this period employees will not receive payslips, unfortunately, our third-party payroll partner does not currently have the facility to send these by email, however upon our return we will ensure you are all issued with your payslips.
- Any employee that has holidays remaining for the current year will be able to carry these forwards into the next years’ allowance.
- There will be no annual leave during the “furlough leave” and any holidays that have been booked during this period will be cancelled, these days will be recalculated into your next year’s allowance
I appreciate that with uncertain times ahead you may be looking for additional ways to reduce your outgoings, you MAY wish to opt-out of your pension for a short period of time which will free up an additional pot of income into your monthly pay if this is something you wish to do, please either visit the website https://thepeoplespension.co.uk/ and follow the instructions or ring the hotline on 0300 2000 555 you will need your national insurance number to hand, you will be able to opt back into the pension at a later date if this is an option that you have already completed please could you kindly inform Kath by email firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of Mark and myself to thank all employees for their hard work and support during these challenging and unprecedented times and look forward to welcoming you all back soon.
We wish you and your families all very best, stay safe.
Roy & Mark