With the price of precious metal: Palladium, soaring worldwide on the global markets, Swift Dental Group has a permanent solution for the inflated traditional precious metal crown.
According to BBC News, the cost of Palladium “has jumped by more than 25% in the last two weeks alone, and almost doubled in value over the last year. At about $2,500 (£1,922) an ounce of palladium is more expensive than gold, and the pressures forcing its price up are unlikely to ease anytime soon.”
What is Palladium and what relevance does it have to dentistry in general?
In dentistry, Palladium is a very common component of dental casting alloys of all restoration types. Its use has increased over the past several decades in response to the increased cost of gold.
In Swift terms, Palladium is the main precious metal dental alloy we use for our crown restorations.
Currently, the average cost of 1.5 gram (Palladium) is £118.69, which represents the weight of an average metal sub structure, due to the precious metal now sporadically soaring worldwide. the cost of the alloy will be greater than the cost of the restoration.
But don’t worry, because all is not lost!
Our message to you; why pay extortionate Palladium prices when the perfect private solution is a Layered Zirconia restoration, which we offer for only £99.50.
Layered Zirconia brought a powerful combination of metal-like strength and aesthetic appeal to clinicians and consumers alike. It’s also all-ceramic, which makes it biocompatible for those who are sensitive to metals. Zirconia had the longevity of metal with the translucency, colouring, and texture of a real tooth.
Full-Form Zirconia (FFZ) is the ideal all-ceramic restoration, making it the perfect alternative to the conventional precious and metal crowns. In January 2020, we saw a four-fold increase of weekly Full-Form Zirconia requests, in comparison January 2019 (illustrated in the graph below).
At Swift, we believe that the benefit is not only financial, as Zirconia is a much better product with higher patient satisfaction and a lower remake percentage. Zirconia crowns look like real teeth; they can be colour-matched to your specific tooth colour and have a level of translucency that resembles real enamel.
It took several decades to create a material that works perfectly as a dental crown, but Zirconia has accomplished this and much more in the dental world. Patients no longer have to compromise on aesthetics or strength – now they can have both at Swift Dental Group.
The benefits of Full-Form Zirconia;
- For our private Zirconia cases, we utilise the strength of a Zirconia core with the application of e.max porcelain to create the ultimate private restoration. We now offer our layered Zirconia for only £99.50.
- Over three times the strength of conventional bonded crowns or shells, Zirconia restorations are less likely to break or fracture due to their exceptional strength making them ideal for all patients, including patients that suffer from bruxism.
- Milled in our CADCAM suite, Zirconia gives you all the precision and accuracy that digital dentistry offers. Our team of designers are highly experienced and continually strive to stay at the forefront of new developments within the industry.
- As a 100% metal-free option, patients will have the confidence that there will be no gingival darkening should gum recession occur. Zirconia restorations are available in all 16 Vita shades, plus bleaching shades.
- Perfect for patients who have a known allergy to metal or simply those who prefer a metal-free restoration.
- Due to the digital aspect, we can often improve turnaround times, in some cases, we can accept intraoral scans and mill your crown the very same day.
Our team values precision and quality. That’s why we combine the highest-level of digitally produced materials with the added touch of hand-painted ceramics.
Contact the Swift team today by calling 01204 323 323 and/or email email@example.com to learn more about the Zirconia restorations options that we offer in our laboratories.